The Coker's

The Coker's

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Florence- nightmare/amazing

Florence... so the city I remeber was accomodating, beautiful and charming... this time, sort of?  So getting here from Rome a piece of cake.  Just take the train and you are here.  Finding our hotel, Rita Major, would have been easy if I had done some research.  Oh well.  We took a bus and an old man on the bus in broken english told me I was on the wrong bus.  So we got off, walked about a mile trying to depict what he told us and then we gave up.  I spotted the Westin (which is always refreshing) and stopped for a Taxi.  The taxi took us right here.  What a beautiful site :)  Hotel Rita Major is wonderful.  Great rooms, private bathrooms and a fabulous layout.  Good location!  We started walking around town and it began to rain a bit.  Dont worry G, your camera is all good!  After seeing the line to get into the the Academia, for the David, we decided to go to the internet cafe and try and get internet reservation tickets.  Well that did not work out too well!  If you ever encounter a shor haired brunnette sitting in the reservation desk of the Academia, you have met "Satan."  She is rough, to say the least. 

After our failed atempt at the Academia, we opted to come back to the hotel and re-group.  We went to the Piazza de MichaelAngelo.  It was wonderful!  The view is fantastic!  Check out the pics tomorrow because I am off to bed right now :)

CIAO!
T

2 comments:

  1. Ok, you should have had your reservations well ahead of time for the Adademis...if you read Rick Steve's book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob- I did read it and I knew to do that... but I figured I would chance it! I didnt want to put Matt on too much of a schedule...BAD CHOICE!

    ReplyDelete