The Coker's

The Coker's

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nearly lost our flights!!!!!!

Back in November, Matt and I booked our airline tickets on British Airways during their annual World Sale (which by the way, they have incredible deals to great places).  Both of us were excited to fly such a highly rated airline.  Everyone that hears we booked on British Airways always gushes over their service!  Yesterday evening I received an email from the airline with the following subject line: 

CANCELLATION - BA0560 LHR TO FCO ON 29 MAR 2010. 

Immediately my heart started to race!  Matt has TERRIBLE luck when it comes to traveling, and my luck isn't much better judging from my overnight stay in the Philadelphia airport after studying abroad in Spain.  I was just sure his curse had struck again!!!  Anyway... once I opened the email and read it, I discovered it was the London to Rome leg of the trip.  We jumped on the phone, stayed on hold for nearly an hour and finally rebooked a similar flight out of a different airport.  We will get to see a small piece of London and then head to Rome as planned.  Honestly, we would have gladly back-packed our way down to Rome if the flights were not available. 

Our first adventure will be getting over to Gatwick from Heathrow.  I have a feeling, between the two of us, we will figure it out!  I promised my Mom I wouldn't stop at Burberry along the way to avoid a potential fight the first day of our trip :)  Hopefully British Airways will figure things out with the strike and our flights home will not be affected... but it wouldn't be so bad to have to work remotely while hanging out in Italy for a few extra days!

No comments:

Post a Comment